Monday, October 30, 2006

Dictated by Lisa

25 weeks, 4 days.

In the Southwest Wing, they call it "25 weeks and change".

Every day that we spend here, and Miles spends inside, is three days Miles does not have to stay in NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit) once he is born.

I would say that I am reasonably stable. Contractions come and go, as do the medications to quell them.

Miles is doing "exceptionally, beautifully well", in the words of several of our nurses.

I am off my IV drip, for the most part. I am wearing self-inflating moon boots on my legs, to avoid blood clot formation.

I am reasonably comfortable in my fancy bed (the nurses say it costs more than a new car). Unfortunately, something as simple as rolling over requires calling in the calvary. But the nurses are very kind and accomodating.

Another challenge is keeping my body flat and at an upward sloping angle. I can't sit up in bed for the time being, but am keeping a very low profile.

I'm looking out the window at beautiful fall colors and a sunny day. Thanks again to everyone for your well wishes, prayers and support. It's been really overwhelming, and a great reminder of what is really important in life.

Lisa

No comments: