Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Commute in the Life

A number of readers have commented that we always seem to be doing something interesting or visiting some picturesque locale. Some have gone further to ask, "Aren't you supposed to be working?"

Now, this is a typical example of selection bias. Despite the virtually infinite range of topics about which we might conceivably blog, most of our posts fall neatly into two categories: (1) interesting places where we've been, or (2) charming antics performed by Miles.

It's not that there aren't plenty of days when we don't go anywhere out of the ordinary or when Miles does nothing even faintly novel. We just aren't whipping out our cameras or rushing to the keyboard to record such moments.



In particular, I haven't blogged much about my job. That's partly because it's hard to take pictures of a flickering computer screen, and partly because I've signed an NDA. But I have been working here in Munich, and to prove it, I invite you to join me on that wonderous adventure known as my morning commute.

-Dean

No comments: