Wednesday, November 1, 2006

An Exclusive Interview with Lisa Falvy

Q: Is there any news?

A: “Stability” is the Word of the Day. (We’re hoping to re-use it as tomorrow’s Word if we can get away with it.)

Q: Are you still having contractions?


A: None today, according to the monitor (and the patient).

Q: How long can you remain in this state? Is it possible to go full term?

A: Full term would be unlikely; however, it is not impossible. We can continue indefinitely in this state unless labor commences again or one of us has an adverse reaction to the medications, which hasn’t happened so far.

Q: Aren’t you going crazy in that hospital bed?


A: Not yet. I’m getting in touch with my zen side.

Q: Do you want visitors?


A: Visitors are fabulous. Nothing means more to us than the support of our family and friends.

Q: When should we come?

A: Visiting hours are generally from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feel free to call ahead or just stop by.

Q: How are you passing the time?


A: Talking to Miles, telling him to stay put. Trying to relax, enjoying the view, listening to my iPod and chatting with the nurses. I also spend a lot of time getting myself situated, rolling over, getting bathed, rearranging pillows and having my vital signs taken.

Q: What do you like best about being on bed rest?


A: Not sitting in traffic. And, my feet don’t hurt anymore. In fact, they feel great. (Before all this began, they were sore and swollen all the time.) I’m no longer outgrowing my clothes – because I’m not wearing clothes.

Q: Sounds like quite a luxurious existence. But what are the downsides?

A: The pressure in my head from being pitched at an angle. Eating sideways. Can’t multitask.

No comments: